Post-doctoral and Bioinformatician engineer positions available in the “Group of Cancer Genomic” at the Gustave Roussy Cancer Centre, Paris, France.
The laboratory of Cancer Genetics is recruiting PostDocs and trained bioinformaticians. The contracts are for 1 year with the possibility of extension up to 3 years.
We are interested in genetics of Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers (NMSCs), both sporadic and in the context of genetic disorders (Xeroderma Pigmentosum, Gorlin Syndrome). The main objectives of the laboratory is the identification of genetic mechanisms of tumorigenesis and the interplay between somatic “driver” mutations; investigation of the mutational processes in skin cancer, such as UV-light, Oxidative Stress, etc. To better understand genetic processes in NMSCs we combine several approaches such as genome sequencing, RNA-seq and Methylation profiling. Results of the study are put in the context of a large body of cancer genomic data from TCGA/ICGC consortium.
The successful candidates are expected to be able to process the NGS data, to participate in the creation of new approaches and algorithms.
- Launching, monitoring, validation of the existing NGS data analysis protocols
- Development of the new software for the analysis of NGS data in the field of oncology
- Continuous monitoring of achievements and trends in high-performance sequencing technology and its applications in the field of oncology / medical genetics, as well as methods and algorithms for data analysis
- Higher education (PhD for a PostDoc position) in mathematics, physics or biology
- Strong knowledge of the of statistics in biology
- Knowledge of the basics of molecular biology / genetics
- Knowledge of Linux / Bash, Python / Perl, R / matlab
- Experience with DNA and RNA NGS data - both in the general and cancer related applications (bwa / bowtie, samtools, GATK, Tophat, Bowtie). Experience in the Methylation profiling data analysis.
- Experience with the computing clusters, bioinformatics databases and MySQL.
It's an advantage:
- Knowledge of cancer genetics/ mutational signatures
- Experience in the development of bioinformatic software / pipelines.
- Repository experience
Curriculum vitae, Motivation letter, Contact information of 3 referees.
Application should be sent to Dr. Sergey Nikolaev.