|в Knowledge Systems Group @ Дана Фарбер институт рака (посмотреть профиль)|
|Город||Boston, MA, United States|
Айти для биотеха
Located in Boston, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Software Engineer is an exceptional candidate who, in addition to software experience, has an interest in applying their skills to tackling problems in human health. We operate at the crossroads of cancer genomics, software, and medicine. Our platforms are focused on mining of cancer genomic data sets, matching patients to clinical trials, and building cloud-based infrastructure for sharing of cancer data.
- Design and develop software, databases and interfaces for analyzing and manipulating genomic and immunologic data, and matching patients to clinical trials.
- Work towards the paradigm of a microservices architecture where services communicate via APIs.
- Orchestrate cloud-based services via modern develops frameworks.
- Develop in Python while adhering to the best practices of automated testing at all steps and code reviews.
- Build and maintain cloud based data processing workflows, incorporating open source tools for scheduling, monitoring and resource management.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 1-2 years of software engineering experience.
- 1-2 years of Python coding experience.
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, especially MongoDB.
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research with clinical applications.
- Experience in modern software development technologies, including distributed versioning systems, continuous integration, and Agile programming practices.
The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills, outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to meet deadlines and efficiently multitask is a must.
- Cloud computing experience, e.g. Amazon, Google Compute, or Digital Ocean a plus
- Any cloud develop framework experience, such as Kubernetes. User interaction design and data visualization.
DFCI is a non-profit hospital and research institute and can sponsor working visas throughout the year without a requirement to participate in working visa lottery.
We're committed to providing expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure, and prevention of cancer and related diseases. As part of our commitment, we offer a competitive benefits program to both our full and part-time staff.
We offer a wide variety of choices and programs that support the diverse range in family structure and life stages of our staff.
Some of the benefits offered are provided at no cost to our staff. For others, staff pay some (or all) of the cost at attractive group rates.
These benefits are offered to our regular staff working at least a 20 hours per week. Our staff members are eligible for benefits from their first day of work.
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.