|в Knowledge Systems Group @ Dana Farber Cancer Institute (посмотреть профиль)|
|Город||Boston, MA, United States|
Айти для биотеха
Located in Boston, The Knowledge Systems Group (KSG) at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute seeks a Software Engineer to help build open-source software to enable precision cancer medicine. The Software Engineer is an exceptional candidate who, in addition to software experience has an interest in applying their skills to tackling problems in human health. We operate at the crossroads of cancer genomics, software, and medicine. Our platforms are focused on mining of cancer genomic data sets, matching patients to clinical trials, and building cloud-based infrastructure for sharing of genomics and immunologic data.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of software development experience, preferably in Python.
- Experience developing web-services.
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research with clinical applications.
- Experience with containerization of software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in modern software development technologies, including distributed versioning systems, continuous integration, and Agile programming practices.
The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills, outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to meet deadlines and efficiently multitask is a must.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS:
Cloud computing experience, e.g. Amazon, Google Compute, or Digital Ocean. Any cloud devop framework experience, such as Kubernetes. Significant experience in systems integration. Experience with pipeline development and automation.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
DFCI can sponsor working visas throughout the year without a requirement to participate in working visa lottery.