|в Knowledge Systems Group @ Дана Фарбер институт рака (посмотреть профиль)|
|Город||Boston, MA, United States|
Айти для биотеха
Located in Boston, The Knowledge Systems Group (KSG) at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute operates at the crossroads of cancer genomics, software and medicine. Our platforms are focused on mining of cancer genomic data sets, matching patients to clinical trials, and building cloud-based infrastructure for sharing of cancer data.
The Software Engineer is an exceptional candidate who, in addition to software experience, has an interest in applying their skills to tackling problems in human health. We operate at the crossroads of cancer genomics, software, and medicine. Our platforms are focused on mining of cancer genomic data sets, matching patients to clinical trials, and building cloud-based infrastructure for sharing of cancer data.
- Design and develop software, databases and interfaces for analyzing and manipulating genomic and immunologic data, and matching patients to clinical trials.
- Work towards the paradigm of a microservices architecture where services communicate via APIs.
- Orchestrate cloud-based services via modern develops frameworks.
- Develop in Python while adhering to the best practices of automated testing at all steps and code reviews.
- Build and maintain cloud based data processing workflows, incorporating open source tools for scheduling, monitoring and resource management.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 1+ years of software engineering experience required
- 1+ years of Python coding experience required
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (*SQL, MongoDB preferred)
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research with clinical applications.
- Experience in modern software development technologies, including distributed versioning systems, continuous integration, and Agile programming practices.
- Excellent communication skills, outstanding personal initiative, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and efficiently multi-task
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
- Bioinformatics experience highly preferred
- Cloud computing experience, e.g. Amazon, Google Compute, or Digital Ocean a plus.
The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills, outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to meet deadlines and efficiently multitask is a must.
- Cloud computing experience, e.g. Amazon, Google Compute, or Digital Ocean a plus
- Any cloud develop framework experience, such as Kubernetes. User interaction design and data visualization.
DFCI can sponsor working visas throughout the year without a requirement to participate in working visa lottery.
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.