|в Knowledge Systems Group @ Dana Farber Cancer Institute (посмотреть профиль)|
|Город||Boston, MA, United States|
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Within the Computational Solutions team under the Chief Health Information Office, the Senior Software Engineer – Frontend Development will serve the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) and its patients by designing and implementing informatics solutions to address the needs of research faculty and Institute-wide programs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for frontend architecture and will take vital role of frontend development. You will contribute to design and development of front-end with opportunity to also work on back-end components of research focused data analysis and visualization applications supporting the Institute’s goal of improving cancer care and patient outcomes.
The role requires a self-directed professional with solid technical background to work on multiple projects and coordinate with team to achieve deliverables.
- Architect and implement frontend solution
- Provide mentorship to junior developers
- Work as part of a research focused engineering team to design, implement and operate research focused data visualization and analysis applications
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other stakeholders to understand and refine user requirements
- Provide effort estimates and development timeline for proposed features
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle with equal emphasis on unit testing
- Participates in the quality assurance process through code reviews and new feature testing as needed
- Provide continuous integration and delivery with peer code review
- 5+ years of industry experience within an agile software development environment
- Proficiency in Angular (Angular 2+, Angular 7 preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in genomic-related software development is a plus
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding D3
- Understanding of Architectural patterns
- Experience with containerization and orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Mid-level knowledge of Maven
- Practitioner of BDD/TDD with strong knowledge of Unit Testing and Test Automation frameworks
- Proficiency in Spring Boot is a plus
- Proficiency in Python is a plus
- Experience with Microservice Architecture is a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms is a plus
- Hands-on experience using technology to support agile software development processes
DFCI can sponsor working visas throughout the year without a requirement to participate in working visa lottery.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we're committed to providing expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure, and prevention of cancer and related diseases. As part of our commitment, we offer a competitive benefits program to both our full and part-time staff.
Dana-Farber offers a wide variety of choices and programs that support the diverse range in family structure and life stages of our staff. Just as our staff members commit themselves every day to patient treatment, disease prevention, research, and finding a cure for cancer, we're committed to our workforce by providing flexibility and choice to meet the needs of all our staff and their families.
Some of the benefits offered by Dana-Farber are provided at no cost to our staff. For others, staff pay some (or all) of the cost at attractive group rates.
These benefits are offered to our regular staff working at least a 20 hours per week. Our staff members are eligible for benefits at Dana-Farber from their first day of work.
More about benefits here: https://www.dana-farber.org/about-us/careers-at-dana-farber/benefits/
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.