Постдок или научный сотрудник
Who we are
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technologies - Skoltech – is a new international English-speaking STEM university in Moscow, Russia. In just 10 years, we united dozens of researchers and globally renowned professors, built a stunning campus, set up world-class labs and made it to the top 100 young universities in the Nature Index. The Digital Agriculture Laboratory at Skoltech was launched in Feb. 2020. At AgroLab, we collaborate with industry and academics to foster innovation and agro-industrial development; we develop high-level, cutting-edge, basic research programs, towards quick delivering of improved plant varieties or animal breeds; and some digital agriculture solutions.
About This Opportunity
In this context, the applicant will contribute to multidisciplinary projects in direct cooperation with plant and animal breeders, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians and support teams, in a frame of national and international cooperation with public institutes and companies.
The applicant will have two primary objectives, originating from various problem-driven research questions in plant and animal genetics. The first objective is to elaborate, propose and deploy molecular breeding strategies that can drive genetic gain in commercial breeding programs. The second is to participate to projects aiming to develop trait-linked markers for breeding programs.
The successful applicant will also conduct curiosity-driven research by developing statistical / computational methods to use whole genome, multi-omics and phenomics data towards the understanding of some yield defining traits in plant or animal species.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Postdoc that is eager to work on cutting-edge research projects within our young and international team.
Our Ideal Candidate :
- PhD in Biological Science in a relevant field of molecular breeding or quantitative genetics, or in Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics or a related discipline (or should be close to the completion of the PhD thesis)
- Strong knowledge and experience with statistical tools and methods involved in plant and animal modern genetics (linkage mapping, association mapping, genome wide selection, MLM, diversity analysis, ROH, …),
- Strong knowledge of Mendelian and quantitative genetics, and of breeding theory
- Expertise in statistical software (R, Bayesian computing, Julia, Python, etc.), bash, as well as a certain level of proficiency in high-performance computing appropriate for large scale analysis, applied complex statistical modelling and machine learning approaches
- Fluent in written and oral English language is essential.
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and perform difficult tasks
- Highly motivated candidate with strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills and an ability to work in cross-functional, cross-cultural teams
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications in high-level scientific journals
What We Can Offer
This is a full-time, fixed term (three year position, with one year of probation). This appointment will be made at either Junior Research Scientist, Research Scientist or Leading Research Scientist depending on experience. We can offer a competitive salary, medical insurance, and 50+ days of paid vacation every year according to the Russian labor law. You will be able to take advantage of Skoltech facilities, development programs and many other benefits. Skoltech’s “Eastern Ring” Campus has won the prestigious Prix Versailles Campuses Award 2019 (in association with UNESCO and the International Union of Architects).