|в Tilgner Lab, Weill Cornell Medicine (посмотреть профиль)|
|Город||New York, United States|
Постдок или научный сотрудник
|Адрес||413 East 69th Street|
One position has a computational focus geared towards algorithm development and data analysis revolving around healthy and diseased brain using single-cell and spatial long-read sequencing. The perfect candidate would have a PhD degree in bioinformatics, computer science or similar as well as established coding experience in R/Matlab/Python or C++/Java.
The other position is a wet lab tech-dev position centered around single-cell and spatial long-read methods to further our understanding of the brain in neurodegeneration among others. The perfect candidate would have a PhD in biology, neuroscience or similar as well as established detailed knowledge of molecular biology and sequencing technologies (as for example single-cell technologies and/or long-read sequencing).
For both positions, tight collaboration across disciplines (informatics, neuroscience and molecular biology) is key in the lab and candidates should therefore like such a setting.
A few representative papers include:
- https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.27.268730v1 (bioinformatic development of sample comparison using single-cell long-read sequencing and development of slide-isoform sequencing (Sl-ISO-Seq))
- https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.4259 (development of single-cell long-read seq using 10x + PacBio/Nanopore applied to early postnatal mouse brain; 2018)
- https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.3242 (wetlab and bioinformatic development of Illumina-based long-read sequencing applied to human and mouse adult brain; 2015)
- https://www.pnas.org/content/111/27/9869.long (bioinformatic development of allele-specific splicing detection from long reads in lymphoblastoid cell lines; 2014)
- https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.2705 (development of PacBio for transcriptomics applied to transcriptome sequencing in multiple human organs; 2013)
Preferably PhD in bioinformatics / computer science or biology / neuroscience depending on the position.
Proficient level of English is required.