|Город||Москва, Russian Federation|
PhD или аспирант
Predoctoral (PhD) positions are offered in the laboratory of Computational and Structural Transcriptomics at Skoltech, Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, to develop a cutting edge research in the area of computational genomics. The lab focuses on studying RNA processing using integrative next generation sequencing (NGS) in collaboration with leading genomics and sequencing consortia around the world. Of particular interest to the lab are RNA-chromatin interactions and their role in the regulation of RNA processing. The goal is to build a comprehensive model of transcription and post-transcriptional processing from high resolution NGS data using artificial intelligence and advanced statistical models. The group is lead by Dr. Dmitri Pervouchine within the Center for Data-Intensive Biomedicine and Biotechnology, a new Center for Research, Education and Innovation at Skoltech.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private graduate research university located in a suburb of Moscow, Russia. Skoltech was established in collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology to educate global leaders in innovation, advance scientific knowledge, and foster new challenging technologies. Skoltech is organized as a permanent, modern, international university with a physical campus in Skolkovo, Russia.
Minimum qualifications of the candidates expected to join this group are:
- a degree in bioinformatics, biology, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, or a related field with knowledge of statistics;
- computational mindset with proficiency in at least one programming language;
- excellent spoken and written English.
Applicants with the following qualifications are particularly encouraged to apply:
- research experience in NGS data analysis and their integration into biological models;
- experience with large-scale data analysis using software pipelines;
- background in molecular biology or biochemistry, especially with some experience in the analysis of gene networks in disease.
Candidates interested in joining this group should send a CV, a cover letter, and the name of two references. Successful candidates will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits package. The expected start date of PhD position is the end of 2016.